Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sea Shells

Hi Everyone!

Today I have a card that I did for the card swap at Cuttlebug_Itis Swaps group for the month of August.

Since I have some pretty seashells from our last trip to Florida, I decided to incorporate a shell onto a card. 


Here's a list of supplies I used:

American Crafts Tropical Papers
White CoverStock 110 lb
Spellbinders Labels One and Impressabilities "Sea Scape"
Orange and Yellow Pan Pastels
Magic Mesh
Fish brads
Mini and Large Pearls in colors
SU Seashell Wheel Stamp
A real Seashell from Florida

I took the largest die and the 3rd largest die of the Spellbinders Labels One set to make the frame. Take the smaller die and lay it inside the larger die and then run through your machine to cut

The frame and the card base are both using the 110# coverstock. The piece that was left over from cutting the frame, I used that as the background panel. I sponged the clouds, water and sand onto this panel. 

Using my Seashell stamp, I stamped on a piece of the brown paper from the American Crafts Tropical color bundle.

Taking another piece of the coverstock, I embossed the Sea Scape Impressabilities and then rubbed orange and yellow Pan Pastels over it. Then I took a soft cloth and rubbed it over the embossing. It makes the Pan Pastels feel like a creamy chalk. 

You can see where I put the magic mesh and glue dotted the fish onto the mesh. The pearls are colored so they matched the Tropical paper colors perfectly. Each pearl is the same color of the paper. 

So I put everything together and finally used glue dots to hold my sea shell down. It went together in about 1/2 hour, which is pretty quick for me. 

That's it for today! 

Debbie       

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...