Sunday, September 1, 2013

Time to Pick Tomatoes!

This year we put 3 tomato plants in one of the gardens around our back deck. We were about 2 weeks late in planting, but we put in a Beef Master, a Cherry tomato and a Beef Eater.  The weather took it's time but 2 days ago we have gone from all green tomatoes and today many were ready to pick. I can't believe the size of the Beef Master tomatoes that we planted. The first 3 photos show the Beef Masters that I picked today. 




Yes, that is my hand holding the tomato. I couldn't believe how heavy it was. So we had that with our dinner tonight. I sliced it and put the slices on a large platter. Next I poured Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the slices, sprinkled on dry Good Seasons Italian Seasoning over the slices, then sprinkled Kraft Parmesan Cheese on the top. Cover the platter with plastic wrap and stick in the refrigerator until dinner was ready. Serve with dinner as stand alone or in a salad. Talk about delicious!

I also picked about 30 cherry tomatoes this past week, they are ripening quickly. The Beef Eater plant is so massive, we had to put in 3 extra tomato cages and use twine to tie to the deck, just to hold the plant up. Here is a picture of that:

 
That's the fun for today. I've been making cards and scrapbooking so I'll be posting those later in the week. 

I wish everyone a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. 

Debbie



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...