Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Musings

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. The past 48 hours has been quite the roller coaster in terms of weather in WI. We had two days of 40 and 50 degree weather, melting snow, and fog so thick that it looked like a white out in our yard. Our yard is snow white but with the fog being so thick, I could barely make out where our two black labs, Storm and Pepper were out back. The weather also made the roads slick and we didn't go anywhere with everything being so icy. It was better to stay home and be safe and sound. Trust me, I was bemoaning the fact that I was missing the after holiday sales. LOL. Ah well, next year maybe I'll make the day after Christmas sales.

I know that the dogs are more than happy that the snow was melting. The girls aren't short labs by any means, but the snow is already up to their chest and for them to do their nature thing is rather tough. So "daddy's girls" are quite happy that daddy took the snowblower out in the backyard and made paths for them to be able to do their thing.

We went to my mom and step-dad's for Christmas day and a good time was had by all. It was just the four of us adults and it was nice to just visit without worrying about the drive back home and the weather. Actually the weather cooperated so it may have been 2 degrees but the sun was shining and the snow was glistening and it was just beautiful. We were rather sad that our son wasn't able to join us but we will be driving down to see him and deliver his gifts hopefully before the new year. The weather has been a deciding factor the past few days.

Hubby was so good this past year that Mrs. Santa decided that he deserved to have a Playstation 3 for his Christmas gift. That plus the Guitar Hero World Tour and two games to round out his gifts. Unfortunately the sales person misinformed me about being able to play the two games offline, so we took those back for exchange today. I have created a monster, according to my husband. The first day he spent almost 10 hours playing the guitar game. I heard songs over and over and over until I could have screamed but he picked up quickly on the playing so it's been fun to hear the songs in the game. It's keeping him busy inside so I'm not going to complain. I just wish he would have it connected to the big tv in the lower level instead of being hooked up to the plasma in the living room. Hopefully I'll be able to get him to move it.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get my craft area cleaned up and be able to start crafting again. I have so many things all over the place, I really have a mess to deal with.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!

Debbie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...